Ridgeons celebrated the talents of its employees with the 2013 Recognition Awards.
Ridgeons celebrates employee achievements
Published: 17 September, 2013
Ridgeons celebrated employees’ extraordinary achievements at its 2013 Recognition Awards last week.
The annual luncheon, which took place at Chesterford Research Park in Cambridge, rewards both individuals and teams for their commitment towards exceptional customer service across 11 categories.
This year saw 237 nominations for the much-coveted awards and over 60 people – including shortlisted employees and Ridgeons managers and directors – attended the event to celebrate the outstanding performance of the following:
- Laura Himpleman, database marketing manager – Extraordinary Customer Service Champion of the Year
- Stuart Harvey, general representative – Salesperson of the Year
- Joint winners between Ridgeons Commercial Team and Ridgeons Forest Products Operations Team – Team of the Year
- Robert Green, driver at Ridgeons Diss branch – Driver of the Year
- Adam Thompson, assistant branch manager – Terry Parker Training & Development Award
- Maggie Maclean, branch administrator – Team Member of the Year
- Rockland Cluster Team – Fundraisers of the Year
- Dave Poulton, operations manager – Matt Taylor Award for Outstanding Achievement
- Anglia Tool Centre – Branch of the Year
- Mark Johnson, operations manager– Manager of the Year
- Ray Bramley, plumbing & heating manager – Lifetime Achievement Award.
Master of ceremonies for the event, director Gordon Ridgeon, said: “With such a phenomenal response to entry requests for this years’ event, judging the nominations was no easy task. It was great to see a real mix of individuals and teams from across the group who have clearly demonstrated they are willing to go the extra mile in their efforts towards achieving exceptional customer service.
“As a group we are dedicated to ensuring we are first choice for customers, while providing a rewarding and fulfilling work environment for all our employees, and these awards are testimony to this commitment.”
Each of the winners received a monetary prize, along with a special commemorative trophy and certificate.