Week in brief: 05 - 11 January
Published: 11 January, 2013
- Glow-worm has added to the appeal of Plumb Center’s solar thermal training course by offering a cashback incentive.
- Vokèra is rewarding installers that purchase its Vision boilers with free fuel in the new ‘Pump Up The Volume’ promotion that runs until March 2013. The recently launched Vision range is designed to be installer-friendly and feature rich and now benefits from a permanent five year warranty.
- Coram Showerpods has introduced a new range of pod heights. Accommodating a host of bathroom layouts, the new height modifications continue to make Coram Showerpods the number one choice for shower installation, both in the residential and commercial markets.
- The new Snickers Product and Price Catalogue is now available with loads of new garments and accessories for working effectively wherever you are on site – whatever your trade.
- The UltraPioneer shower valve features a patented valve body, injection moulded in a WRAS approved material that employs aerospace technology, replacing the cost and weight of traditional metals with a super strong and lightweight high grade engineering polymer that is 100% recyclable.
- Ideal Bathrooms has launched three new brassware collections to complete the style options within its Essential portfolio. Called Sunshine, Star and Storm, these three new ranges join the existing Dusk, Dawn and Life mixer fittings.
- Mira Showers has enhanced its range of digital showers with the introduction of the Platinum Dual that offers users both a deluge head and a handset that can be used together or independently.
- Ideal Standard has extended its bathroom collection, Alto; to incorporate the new Alto plus close coupled WC, along with a new soft closing seat. In keeping with the current range, the WC is characterised by a modern, smooth sided design that fits seamlessly across the whole bathroom suite.
- With noise pollution affecting more than 221 million people across Europe, Sealed Air, a leading provider of protective packaging solutions, has the solution – Stratocell Whisper sound absorbing polyethylene foam. It is a closed cell polyethylene foam which has cells that are subsequently opened during the manufacturing process, creating a highly efficient sound absorbing material which is largely unaffected when exposed to water or humidity. It is suitable for those working in sectors including construction, heavy industry and engineering.
- Worcester, Bosch Group, has enhanced its Greenstar range of high-efficiency boilers with the launch of a new high-capacity system filter.
- UK companies are using asset finance to support more investment in the plant and machinery, vehicles and IT equipment which they need to stimulate growth. Figures for November 2012 from the Finance & Leasing Association released today show a large increase in finance for plant and machinery and, continuing a long-term trend, a significant increase in finance for IT equipment. Finance leasing and hire purchase remain popular choices with businesses, growing by 9% and 12% respectively in the eleven-month period to November 2012. www.fla.org.uk
- What will 2013 bring for the energy and environment sectors? by David Thorpe, news editor at EAEM.
The Office of Fair Trading has written to over 50 of the leading installers of double glazing, insulation and solar panels, asking them to ensure they are providing consistently good standards to consumers. The initiative is part of an OFT drive to raise compliance standards across the energy efficiency sector. An OFT review of the sector, published today, found instances of poor practice towards consumers such as the use of high pressure sales techniques, unclear information about paperwork and cancellation rights, and poor quality installations.
- The newly-formed Construction Glassfibre Manufacturers Association (CGMA) is alerting contractors, specifiers and merchants about the need to conform to a January 2013 requirement that glass-reinforced plastic (GRP) components, such as dormers and chimneys, must have CGMA or third party certification in order to satisfy NHBC requirements as detailed in the organisation’s July 2012 Technical Extra publication. http://www.cgmassociation.com/CGMA-announcement.pdf
- TrustMark, the Government endorsed quality mark for tradesmen, today records its highest number of ‘tradesmen viewings’ on its website, www.trustmark.org.uk, with 3.9 million homeowners searching for local tradesmen in 2012 to carry out work on their home or garden.