Week in brief: 03 - 09 November
Published: 09 November, 2012
- Wolseley UK buys 22 of Burdens' UK branches
- Travis Perkins provides 24/7 service through n...
- Burden plans more depot sales
- Burdens wins Peer Awards philanthropy category
- EU Timber Regulations, March 2013 - are you re...
- Green Deal subject to credit checks
- NMBS has the X Factor at its dinner dance
- Plumbline becomes Plumbase
- No extension to CERT
- Salamander Pumps struck gold in Olympic year with its Force range of brass ended pumps and the company has announced that the entire range now has WRAS approval.
- Jablite has recently signed up to become a member of the Supply Chain Sustainability School, which is a free, virtual learning environment that aims to help construction suppliers and sub-contractors develop their sustainability knowledge and competence.>
- KME Yorkshire’s commercial director, Neil Overton took part in a gruelling 280-mile cycling marathon with teammates from customer BSS Industrial in a bid to raise £10,000 for Help the Hospices.
- British Gypsum has raised more than £100,000 to be shared between the construction industry’s charity for the homeless, Crash, and Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Ibstock Group has now added a revolutionary safety device – auto-reverse speed reduction – to all its on-site fork lift vehicles supplied by Linde Material Handling.
- Myson has launched a revised version of one of its most popular brochures, the Technical Guide for its Décor, and made it available to download online at www.myson.co.uk.
- Worcester, Bosch Group has launched a new £1 million multimedia advertising campaign to boost the industry and support heating engineers across the country during the key heating season.
- Hitachi is celebrating the launch of its new website, hitachi-powertools.co.uk.
- Knauf Insulation has re-launched its UK website offering a fresh, clean look with quicker and easier navigation at www.knaufinsulation.co.uk.
- InSinkErator has launched its new website at www.insinkerator.co.uk.
- Firebird has brought its technical knowhow on their renowned range of oil boilers to the development of a top quality oil fired range cooker which uniquely incorporates a high efficiency condensing boiler.
- Bushboard has added ten splashback designs to its Prima worksurface range, making a total of 27 splashbacks available overall.
- Snickers has now launched its next generation of Tool Carriers and Tool Belts.
- Danish engineering group FLSmidth has put its Cembrit fibre-cement products unit up for sale. www.reuters.com
- Jobs, Growth and Warmer Homes report by Consumer Focus shows that investing funds raised from carbon taxes into widespread energy efficiency measures would deliver a major boost to the UK’s economy. http://www.consumerfocus.org.uk
Idiots on ladders, courtesy of the Ladder Association.