BMBI Report: Quarter 2, 2016
Published: 06 September, 2016
The Builders' Merchant Building Index, a definitive monthly analysis of the changes in the builders' merchant market, has now released its report for Quarter 2 of 2016.
The Builders' Merchant Building Index (BMBI) combines data from GfK's Builders' Merchants Panel with the Builders' Merchant Federation's (BMF) Sales Indicators, in collaboration with MRA Marketing.
The GfK Builders' Merchants Panel started collecting data in July 2014, and all trend data in the report is indexed on the monthly average from the six-month period of July 2014 to December 2014.
A summary of the data will be published each month in Builders' Merchants News magazine, with a more in-depth report published each quarter.
Each month, the full report will be available for download from BMN's website.
The report also contains expert commentary from leading market brands, who will comment for their markets to explain the trends that lie behind the figures, in order to educate audiences both in and out of the construction industry.
The experts are:
- Steve Durdant-Hollamby, managing director of Alumasc Water Management Solutions, for the Civils, Metal Rainwater & Drainage market
- Andy Williamson, group managing director of IKO plc, for Roofing Products
- Steve Halford, group managing director of Crystal Direct, for PVC-U Windows & Doors
- John Duffin, managing director of Keylite Roof Windows, for the Roof Window sector
- Nigel Cox, managing director of Timbmet, for Timber & Panel Products
- Jim Claydon, managing director of Hanson Cement, for Cement & Aggregates
- Derrick McFarland, managing director of Keystone Lintels, for the Steel Lintels market
- John Sinfield, managing director of Knauf Insulation, for Mineral Wool Insulation
- Mike Beard, merchant development director of Encon Insulation, for Insulation Products - Distribution
To download the full Quarter 2 report for 2016, right-click on the link below and select 'Save Target As'.