Covers Timber supports Aldershot festival

Published:  24 July, 2015

Covers Timber & Builders Merchants has announced that it will sponsor the annual Aldershot Samfest Music Festival for a third consecutive year.

The family friendly festival, which has been running since 2010 and takes place at Tongham Recreation Ground on Saturday 8 August, is closely associated with staff at Covers’ Aldershot branch.

Previously called Oakfest, the festival that donates 100% of its profits to local charities, was renamed in 2011 in honour of event organiser Michael Wright’s wife, Sam Wright, who passed away from pancreatic cancer in December 2009.

Caroline Taylor, depot manager at Covers Aldershot, said: “Sam was a close friend of one of our longest standing customers and when we were asked to support the festival we didn’t hesitate. Our customers and our local community are very important to us so we wanted to support the Samfest family and help to raise money for this wonderful cause. It is a pleasure to be involved again this year.”

Featuring musical talent from the surrounding area, Samfest is promising to deliver a scintillating summer Saturday energised with sound, provided by acts including Chilli Fighters and Keely and The Dealers, The Flying Wright Brothers and Dawn Moss. Families will have the chance to enjoy an array of sights and sounds including the Arts and Crafts Festival Market, family funfair and a chance to play along with the artists themselves in the ‘You Play’ tent.

80% of the festival profits will be donated to the only adult hospice in the area, Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice, with the remaining 20% being shared amongst Scotty’s Little Soldiers, Shooting Star Chase Children’s Hospice, Ticehurst Care Home and local organisations in Tongham village.

Mr Wright said: “The support from Covers Aldershot means a great deal to us. Without the generosity of our sponsors and volunteers we wouldn’t be able to put together such a fantastic event or raise funds for charities that make such a positive impact on the lives of those they help.”

Sign Up

For the Builders' Merchants News enewsletter.

In the spotlight


Builders Merchants Vacancies – UK Wide

At Arco, we are an industry specific recruitment consultancy, providing sales and managerial staff Nationwide to Merchants, Distributors and Manufacturers of Building Materials within the Construction Sales Sector. Priding ourselves on our unparalleled customer service and hard work, we offer a fresh, innovative and personal approach to recruitment specifically designed to meet our clients’ needs and candidates’ skills.

Guest Blog by Simon Damp

Is DIY a lost art?

As time goes by, the art of do-it-yourself when it comes to activities around the home and garden is fast becoming more and more of a lost art.