Wake up! Buy a Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Published:  21 October, 2014

The Katie Haines Memorial Trust has released this new hard-hitting video, showing the danger people can be in when they don't have a carbon monoxide alarm installed in their home.

Katie Haines drowned in her bath after a faulty boiler leaked CO into her home. The final image of the new film is particularly poignant for her family, because it features a young man dead in his bath.

The video has been released to coincide with the consumer phase of Plumb and Part Center’s Make it Law Campaign.

Sign Up

For the Builders' Merchants News enewsletter.

In the spotlight


Builders Merchants Vacancies – UK Wide

At Arco, we are an industry specific recruitment consultancy, providing sales and managerial staff Nationwide to Merchants, Distributors and Manufacturers of Building Materials within the Construction Sales Sector. Priding ourselves on our unparalleled customer service and hard work, we offer a fresh, innovative and personal approach to recruitment specifically designed to meet our clients’ needs and candidates’ skills.

Guest Blog by Simon Damp

Is DIY a lost art?

As time goes by, the art of do-it-yourself when it comes to activities around the home and garden is fast becoming more and more of a lost art.