A company spokeswoman said: "We are looking to upgrade our current store, to give our customers a better shopping experience in a new and bigger store on Castle Retail Park. CPUK is building a 61,000 sq ft extension to provide retail and warehousing space and 214 additional parking spaces. The scheme is due for completion in June. B&Q will occupy 35,000sq ft of the extra space with a garden centre/builders yard of 18,000sq ft."
B&Q is to open a new store and has signed a pre-let agreement to take space at Castle Retail Park in Ullswater Road, Penrith. B&Q already has a Penrith outlet, in Bridge Lane, which has traded for more than 20 years. The staff there will transfer to the new branch.
For the Builders' Merchants News enewsletter.
In the spotlight
Builders Merchants Vacancies – UK Wide
At Arco, we are an industry specific recruitment consultancy, providing sales and managerial staff Nationwide to Merchants, Distributors and Manufacturers of Building Materials within the Construction Sales Sector. Priding ourselves on our unparalleled customer service and hard work, we offer a fresh, innovative and personal approach to recruitment specifically designed to meet our clients’ needs and candidates’ skills.
Is DIY a lost art?
As time goes by, the art of do-it-yourself when it comes to activities around the home and garden is fast becoming more and more of a lost art.
Most read articles
- Travis Perkins reports positive growth in Q3 a...
- Ready-mixed versus powdered – the big debate
- Keystone Group announces multi-million pound i...
- Midlands NBG members report strong growth with...
- JELD-WEN holds ‘Big On’ biscuit dunking compet...
- Naylor supports Lord Mayor Show float
- Keyline opens new division to support HS2
- Commercial Director – Covers Timber and Builde...
- Post-Brexit confidence in UK building and cons...
- ‘Showroom Rewards’ is introduced across City...