A company spokeswoman said: "We are looking to upgrade our current store, to give our customers a better shopping experience in a new and bigger store on Castle Retail Park. CPUK is building a 61,000 sq ft extension to provide retail and warehousing space and 214 additional parking spaces. The scheme is due for completion in June. B&Q will occupy 35,000sq ft of the extra space with a garden centre/builders yard of 18,000sq ft."
B&Q is to open a new store and has signed a pre-let agreement to take space at Castle Retail Park in Ullswater Road, Penrith. B&Q already has a Penrith outlet, in Bridge Lane, which has traded for more than 20 years. The staff there will transfer to the new branch.
For the Builders' Merchants News enewsletter.
In the spotlight
Builders Merchants Vacancies – UK Wide
We have vacancies all over the UK for those who work within the Building Supplies sector.
Most read articles
- Saint-Gobain acquires Benchmark Building Supplies
- Graham expands with new branch openings
- Ready-mixed versus powdered – the big debate
- Obituary: John Bate
- The IPG hosts annual Members’ Dinner
- Merchant support is a priority for Knauf Insul...
- New role for Mark at Stelrad
- SAM announces acquisition of Select Timber
- Aggregate Industries unveils £15m lightweight...
- Springfarm Architectural Mouldings acquires Se...