NMBS Conference named as finalist for Best Conference
Published: 05 November, 2012
UK: The NMBS Conference held in Marbella in June 2012 has been shortlisted for Best Conference at the Eventia Awards, the annual Event Industry Awards.
The Conference was the first all industry conference for four years, and 373 delegates attended. The delegates were able to learn from some key Industry specialists including:
- Anthony Hilton, the Economist from the Evening Standard, who so accurately predicted the credit crunch at the last Conference in 2008
- Paul Morrell, the Chief Government Advisor on Construction, who again gave us his own personal insight on the many issues that face us today
- Chris Ashworth, author of the CIMCIG report: 'Taking Sustainability to the Consumer' provided unique insights into how companies can take Sustainability to their customers.
- Dave Jordan, head of sustainability from East Anglian Independent Builders Merchants Ridgeons on the Sustainable Building topic and Green Deal theme
- Alistair Dryburgh concentrated on 'Everything you know about Business is Right Wrong'.
- Phil Crowshaw, Internet business expert highlighted the ways in which communication channels are changing between businesses and customers
The highlight of the Conference was a speech by two Olympic and World Championship Medal winners Roger Black and Steve Backley, who enthralled the audience on Saturday afternoon and took it in turns to talk the delegates through the highs and lows of their careers and included videos of their success.
Chris Hayward, NMBS managing director comments “The Eventia Awards 2012 aim to recognise and reward the best of the events industry, and NMBS are proud that their conference has been named as a finalist. The Awards will be presented at the London Hilton, Park Lane on Friday 30th November.”