SIG Insulations publishes practical guide to Part L
Published: 22 February, 2011
Sheffield: SIG Insulations has announced the publication of its Part L Guide, Part L Solutions 2010: An impartial guide to easy compliance.
Providing a practical review of the latest amendments to the England and Wales Part L Regulations that came into effect on 1 October 2010, this independent guide looks at how these revisions will affect both the newbuild and refurbishment markets.
Aimed at helping customers through the myriad of changes associated with the recent Part L revisions, SIG Insulations’ comprehensive guide provides information on the following:
- Introduction to the new Building Regulations – including a simple guide to the BREEAM and the Code for Sustainable Homes elements.
- Five steps to Part L compliance for newbuild projects – considering SAP and SBEM changes.
- Compliance for existing buildings in achieving elemental U-values.
- Summary of key compliant insulation product solutions, including both traditional and alternative methods of construction.
- Technical services provided by SIG Insulations.
Tony Mann, sales and marketing director, SIG Insulations commented: “Achieving compliance with the required 25% reduction in carbon emissions outlined in the 2010 Part L amendments across all domestic and non-domestic buildings and refurbishment work to existing buildings has put building designers, developers and contractors under significant pressure to deliver.
"This in turn, sees even tougher demands placed on the supply chain who need to deliver the solutions that will facilitate the reductions,” said Mr Mann.