Some retailers in the centre of Maldon are concerned that Aquila Maldon's plans for a 10 000sqm retail park on the Blackwater Trading Estate will lead to shoppers abandoning small traders and avoiding High Street. Alan Richardson, owner of the Riverside Cycle Centre in High Street, Maldon, said: "I think it will kill High Street."
MALDEN: A £20m retail park planned for Maldon could threaten the town's High Street trade, small businesses claimed.
For the Builders' Merchants News enewsletter.
In the spotlight
Builders Merchants Vacancies – UK Wide
We have vacancies all over the UK for those who work within the Building Supplies sector.
A Bright future predicted for housing construction
One of the major talking points in the wake of the Brexit decision has been around the country’s current housing shortage with a YouGov poll from this year revealing that first time house buyers are now 38-years-old, on average.
Most read articles
- Saint-Gobain acquires Benchmark Building Supplies
- Industry triumphs at the BMN Awards
- Obituary: John Bate
- Ready-mixed versus powdered – the big debate
- Merchant support is a priority for Knauf Insul...
- Graham expands with new branch openings
- Keyline plays major role in £745m transport pr...
- The W.Howard Group purchases Balcas Kildare
- Senior Sales Manager
- Howarth Timber reports successful Trade Day in...