Some retailers in the centre of Maldon are concerned that Aquila Maldon's plans for a 10 000sqm retail park on the Blackwater Trading Estate will lead to shoppers abandoning small traders and avoiding High Street. Alan Richardson, owner of the Riverside Cycle Centre in High Street, Maldon, said: "I think it will kill High Street."
MALDEN: A £20m retail park planned for Maldon could threaten the town's High Street trade, small businesses claimed.
For the Builders' Merchants News enewsletter.
In the spotlight
Builders Merchants Vacancies – UK Wide
At Arco, we are an industry specific recruitment consultancy, providing sales and managerial staff Nationwide to Merchants, Distributors and Manufacturers of Building Materials within the Construction Sales Sector. Priding ourselves on our unparalleled customer service and hard work, we offer a fresh, innovative and personal approach to recruitment specifically designed to meet our clients’ needs and candidates’ skills.
Is DIY a lost art?
As time goes by, the art of do-it-yourself when it comes to activities around the home and garden is fast becoming more and more of a lost art.
Most read articles
- Travis Perkins reports a positive Q3 but annou...
- Keystone Group announces multi-million pound i...
- Ready-mixed versus powdered – the big debate
- MKM founder wins Leadership Award
- ASSA ABLOY announces acquisition of Trojan Hol...
- JELD-WEN holds ‘Big On’ biscuit dunking compet...
- Builders' Merchants News Awards 2016 video pre...
- Regional Sales Director - North
- Mark Bone appointed as commercial director of...
- BMF Regional Centres of Excellence gain momentum