Some retailers in the centre of Maldon are concerned that Aquila Maldon's plans for a 10 000sqm retail park on the Blackwater Trading Estate will lead to shoppers abandoning small traders and avoiding High Street. Alan Richardson, owner of the Riverside Cycle Centre in High Street, Maldon, said: "I think it will kill High Street."
MALDEN: A £20m retail park planned for Maldon could threaten the town's High Street trade, small businesses claimed.
For the Builders' Merchants News enewsletter.
In the spotlight
Builders Merchants Vacancies – UK Wide
We have vacancies all over the UK for those who work within the Building Supplies sector.
Most read articles
- Ready-mixed versus powdered – the big debate
- Crockers is acquired by Bradfords Building Sup...
- Acquisition brings Reddance into the Cowal family
- Ambitious plans on track for Selco
- JELD-WEN strengthens merchant support team
- Deserving veterans enjoy Dame Vera tribute tha...
- Homeowners step towards ‘Do It For Me’
- Make smart sales this spring
- The IPG creates two sector steering groups
- IKO breaks ground on new UK factory