BuilderScrap for Merchants
Published: 21 July, 2010
WIRRAL: BuilderScrap is launching a membership programme designed especially for builders’ merchants which will allow suppliers to pass on slow moving or returned stock to their local community, thus saving on storage and/or disposal, as well as allowing them to demonstrate their commitment to the environment and the industry.
The new membership programme will provide merchants with a whole list of benefits including:
- Demonstrating your support for reuse within the supply chain
- Evidence based corporate social responsibility
- Helping provide your customers with the reuse solution
- Stimulating the market by moving surplus materials which otherwise would have be thrown away
- Visibility in the BuilderScrap directory
- A route to market for obsolete and slow moving stock lines
BuilderScrap, a not for profit organisation, is seeking new ways to both improve the service and also help support what has become an invaluable industry resource.
Les Owens, managing director of BuilderScrap commented, ‘with the launch of this new programme, we are confident that builders merchants will see value in supporting the site and also being part of a growing community of organizations within the construction industry, all brought together with one common purpose; the reduction of our dependence on landfill sites’