Tories pledge 12 actions for energy
Published: 24 March, 2010
UK: The Conservative Party has launched its energy policy green paper setting out 12 actions that a Tory government would take to ensure energy security.
These are to:
- Ensure that Britain has a clear, consistent and stable energy policy.
- To establish a capacity guarantee in the electricity market.
- Establish a security guarantee for gas supply.
- Reform the Climate Change Levy to provide a floor price for carbon.
- Operate a streamlined planning process for large infrastructure investments.
- Facilitate nuclear power.
- Accelerate the demonstration of carbon capture and storage.
- Promote renewable energy.
- ‘Revolutionise’ supply and demand by building an energy internet.
- Reduce demand by offering every household a ‘Green Deal’ on energy efficiency.
- Electrify transport to reduce dependence on oil.
- Create a ‘Green Investment Bank’.
The full report entitled ‘Rebuilding security: Conservative energy policy for an uncertain world’
is available from the Conservative party conference website.